Wednesday 8 August 2012

Day 10 - Diner Dash: Hometown Hero and Peggle Deluxe

Diner Dash: Hometown Hero


In this game you play a waitress named Flo, and your task is to make sure all the guests at your restaurant are happy. Basic tasks consist of seating the guests, taking their order, bringing their food, giving them their bill and finally busing the table. All this is achieved by clicking the appropriate location and watching Flo go.

The game is relatively simple, but can be challenging. There's always a lot to do, and the customers aren't terribly patient. As the game progresses, more advanced things get added, for instance there are teenagers with their cell phones who will annoy nearby customers, but if you seat them next to teenagers of the opposite gender they'll be too busy flirting to use their phones. Certain tables are reserved, and customers will expect to be seated for their reservation almost immediately. With all that in mind, many of the level goals are actually fairly challenging, requiring precision and thoughtful seating.

I was kind of bored playing through this, as I'm stuck in the campaign mode. I cannot beat the final zoo level for the life of me, and for some reason the game crashes when I select the ballpark. Endless Shift mode is alright, but it always ends the same way, with getting overwhelmed and having too many customers leave. I busied myself with re-playing the middle levels until my 37 minutes were up.

 

 

 

Peggle Deluxe

I imagine everyone has heard of Peggle by now, it was the casual game of choice a few years ago. For those who haven't, the goal of Peggle is to shoot your balls into pegs, trying to collect all the orange pegs to finish the level. Gameplay is simple enough, and the random nature means that even if you're having trouble beating a level, a bit of tweaking can lead to the run you needed to finish it up.

Peggle Deluxe comes with a ton of levels. The adventure mode includes 55 levels, after which Challenge mode is unlocked. It's a fun distraction, not requiring much thought, but still not mindlessly easy. I'm sure I'll come back to this title over the years when I'm looking for that quick distraction.

Notes

I'm still playing CiM, the campaign I started is progressing nicely, and the tweaks I made seem to have rendered the game more stable. For those wanting to know, I lowered the settings significantly and started launching the title without Steam. I'm not sure which is doing the trick, but all is well now.

Album: Steam Challenge - Day 010

No comments:

Post a Comment